Problems of Aviation
Description of the role of aviation as a universal means of transport in the modern world. A study of the problems of modern aviation: technical, human factor, economic (taxes and charges, competitors, innovation, fuel), environmental, safety, security.
|Размер файла||14,8 K|
Отправить свою хорошую работу в базу знаний просто. Используйте форму, расположенную ниже
Студенты, аспиранты, молодые ученые, использующие базу знаний в своей учебе и работе, будут вам очень благодарны.
Размещено на http://www.allbest.ru/
It is impossible to overestimate the enormous role of aviation as a universal means of transport in the modern world. That is why all countries and governments see the development of aviation industry and solving the problems in this sphere as one of the main issues to deal with. This article is devoted to reviewing the problems of modern aviation which are often linked by common factors. However, all these problems can be divided into several groups given below.
· Technical problems. Though the history of aviation reflects great improvements in technologies and bears all signs of scientific progress, this sphere still leaves much to be desired. For instance, engineers are working to create aircraft with advanced airfield-free capabilities to use them on difficult routes in remote and Arctic regions. Another goal is enhancing speed flight at subsonic and supersonic aircraft to create a reduced capacity of the supersonic strike on the ground at cruise flight over large territories. Besides, a prospective idea of movement of mechanical blade in a circle with a turn on its axis is awaiting its realization. The technical capability to change the direction by 360 degrees makes vertical take-off possible as well as horizontal motion. Such aircraft can keep stability in the air and avoid failure into a spin .
· Human factor problems. According to experts, human errors are to blame for the majority of accidents. Even if the equipment is out of order, there may be a good chance to land more or less safely in case the crew is able to quickly understand the emergency as it happened with the Boeing-737 Aloha Airlines in 1988 . Then, despite the substantial damage on the top of the fuselage there was only one fatality (a flight attendant was swept overboard from the airplane) and 94 out of 95 passengers landed alive because the pilots were real professionals. Thus it is absolutely necessary not only to provide the sphere with highly-qualified graduates but also to continue systematic training of pilots, engineers and flight personnel. Experts advise airlines to purchase simulators and check flight personnel aptitude or just training practically after each flight. So, having faced no emergency in the air, a pilot can get it on the ground, in order not to “relax” on his experience but to master his skills. Though it is quite expensive to buy and install, and upgrade multiple simulators, but the results are worth it.
· Economical problems in air industry and transportation is often the basic reason that causes delay in development and interferes with successful functioning of the sphere. Huge taxes and fees burden small companies and eliminate competitors . Monopoly in the sphere does not stimulate companies to improve working conditions, update technologies, introduce innovations etc. Besides that, situation on energy markets is often unstable of excessive speculation and the resulting volatility of oil prices. Smart combination of government regulations and healthy competitive market can be of great help in such cases.
· Ecological problems. Like any public transport, aviation is based on natural resources. Modern fuel is still based on finite planetary resources. Thus the nearest future demands that engineers construct hi-tech aircraft on alternative fuels such as synthetic kerosene, liquefied natural gas, and cryogenics . Another ecological issue concerns impact of aviation on environment. To minimize negative effects on ecology (pollution, noise, possible change of climate), air industry and transportation need to systematically renovate equipment and technology.
· Problems of safety and security. This problem is closely connected with economical and human factors. Statistically, since the beginning of aviation era aircraft has become the safest means of transport. Owing to modern technologies including introduction of computers and constant upgrading of navigation, fatal accident rates have dropped to the minimum level. We have also mentioned the importance of highly-qualified specialists and highlighted their role in safety of flights. However, one of the biggest safety problems that exists in the modern world is terrorism . Everyone remembers the tragedy of September, the 11th, 2001 when four passenger airlines were hijacked by 19 Al-Qaeda terrorists and crashed into buildings in suicide attacks . The tragedy made it obvious that security system and measures of control used at airports were inefficient and unable to recognize threats of terrorism . As a result, pre-flight inspection of passengers and their luggage is reinforced and more effective measures of providing safety of flights are being designed, among which one can mention development and understanding of new forms of data. In general, reactive, incident-based approach is being replaced by so-called proactive, or predictive, approach.
These are the main problems of modern aviation. In conclusion we can say that aviation remains a very prospective sphere which demands solutions of its problems in the present to serve humanity in future.
aviation economic innovation technical
Resources and References
1. Aircraft Accident Report: Aloha Airlines, Flight 243, Boeing 737-200, №73711, near Maui, Hawaii, April 28, 1988 / National Transportation Safety Board. - US Government Printing, 1989.
2. Caruso, Lisa. What Are The Five Most Important Issues Facing The Aviation Industry? URL: http://transportation.nationaljournal.com/2009/11/what-are-the-five-most-importa.php (accessed November 26, 2014).
3. Environmental issues for aviation / Eurocontrol. URL: https://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/environmental-issues-aviation (accessed November 26, 2014).
4. Oster, C. et al. Analyzing aviation safety: Problems, challenges, opportunities / Clinton V. Oster Jr., John S. Strong, C. Kurt Zorn // Research in Transportation Economics. The Economics of Transportation Safety. Volume 43, Issue 1, July 2013, P. 148-164.
5. The 9/11 Encyclopedia / Stephen Atkins. - 2nd ed. - USA: ABC-CLIO, LLC, 2011.
6. Изобретен новый движитель для летательных аппаратов - Вращающееся разворачивающееся крыло. URL: http://www.poletim.net/technology/izobreten-novyjj-dvizhitel-dlya-letatelnykh-appara (accessed November 26, 2014).
7. Черток В.Б. Новые технические средства обеспечения авиационной безопасности . http://www.secuteck.ru/articles2/oficial/novye-tehnicheskie-sredstva-obespecheniya-aviacionnoj-bezopasnosti/ (accessed November 26, 2014).
Размещено на Allbest.ru
Diesel fuel is any fuel used in diesel engines. Chemical composition and cetane number. Boiling point and freezing point of representative diesel fuel hydrocarbons. Disadvantages of Diesel Fuel. Environment hazards of sulfur. Fuel value and price.
реферат [39,2 K], добавлен 25.05.2012
The car as an integral part of people's lives. Design as a factor of business success in the automotive industry and transport engineering. The transition to an integrated supporting structures instead used on American cars spar frame side members.
презентация [6,3 M], добавлен 23.04.2015
The first rapid-transit system. History Metropolitan Railway. Network topologies, construction stages of London's Metropolitan Railway. Safety and security. Infrastructure 5-Line of Metro de Santiago (Chile), The Soviet Union's stations, Stockholm metro.
презентация [1,2 M], добавлен 13.05.2014
International airports serving Moscow. A special program of creating night bus and trolleybus routes. The formation of extensive tram system to transport people. The development of the subway to transport passengers to different sides of the capital.
презентация [4,7 M], добавлен 08.08.2015
Business strategy of NAC "Uzbekistan airways technics". Modernization and unification of the fleet, expansion of production capacity for technical servicing of aircraft. Process design aircraft repair of composite panels. Total price of modification.
дипломная работа [1,1 M], добавлен 23.05.2015
Description and operating principles of Air-Conditioning System of Tu-154. Principal scheme of ACS. Theoretical base of algorithm developing process. Functions of the system failures. Description of obtained algorithm of malfunctions discovering.
курсовая работа [27,7 K], добавлен 01.06.2009
Organization of maintenance and repair of rolling stock. Calculation of the production program of maintenance, the number of posts and lines maintenance and repair. Optimal technology Body Repair. Heating Safety in the workplace when the body work.
дипломная работа [467,1 K], добавлен 18.01.2015
History, basic stages and directions of development of the first aircraft, its operating principle and internal structure. The study of this subject the Wright brothers, assessment of their contribution to the development of aircraft, its evolution.
презентация [1,8 M], добавлен 05.03.2015
Studying the problems of strategy and solutions to problems existing in the aviation industry. Researching modern potential of the Russian industry in the province. Analyze federal programs, the main form of direct financial support for astronautics.
курсовая работа [26,4 K], добавлен 19.05.2011
The definition of term "economic security of enterprise" and characteristic of it functional components: technical and technological, intellectual and human resources component, information, financial, environmental, political and legal component.
презентация [511,3 K], добавлен 09.03.2014